Sunday, September 4, 2011

So Good Vegan Blueberry Muffins


My friend Sondra sent me this delicious and easy blueberry muffin recipe from her mom's kitchen.  I'm not normally a muffin person, but I received a package of fresh blueberries in the produce box that was delivered to my house this week - so why not?  These are great muffins - with the perfect amount of sweetness (ie not too cakey).  Plus with whole grain flour, these are probably about as healthy as blueberry muffins get.

Makes 8 regular sized muffins

1 and 1/2 Cups whole grain flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
3/4 cup rice milk or soy milk (I prefer rice milk)
1/4 cup canola oil
1 small carton fresh blueberries

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Sift dry ingredients together in a bowl.  Add milk and oil and mix by hand until all incorporated.  Coat blueberries in a little flour before you add them to the mixture.  Drop by 1/4 cup scoops into a greased muffin pan.  Bake for 20-25 minutes.

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment