Saturday, June 11, 2011

Peanut Butter Smoothie


While I enjoy green smoothies, my ultimate favorite are smoothies made out of peanut butter.  This probably has to do with my peanut butter obsession - I'm the peanut butter equivalent of a choco-holic.  

This smoothie is great for the summer because, similar to the green smoothies, you can eat it fresh or freeze it as a cold treat for a hot day.

  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1/2 cup nonfat milk or soymilk or rice milk or almond milk 
  • 1/4 cup of yogurt (plain or vanilla depending on how sweet you like it)
  • 1 and 1/2 tablespoons peanut butter (I like using chunky for the texture it gives the smoothie, but smooth works fine too)

Blend. Pour. Drink. Smile.

Also a note about frozen bananas.  I started freezing bananas during my undergraduate years because I could never eat them fast enough before they turned.  Freezing them turned them into a delicious creamy treat and now thats how I prefer them.  Plus it saves me money to use for other produce :)  To freeze, I peel them and wrap them in foil (which I attempt to reuse).


No comments:

Post a Comment