Friday, June 3, 2011

Vegan Peanut Butter, Oatmeal, and Banana Treats


A few months ago I thought I'd try to make my own vegan cookies.  I found this recipe and gave it a shot.  I enjoyed them, but I wouldn't exactly call them cookies.  They remind me more of soft chewy granola bars mixed with banana bread.  They are still good and pretty light (under 100 calories each).

  • 1/3 Cup peanut butter
  • 2 ripe bananas
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 Tablespoons soy milk
  • 2 Tablespoons honey
  • 2 and 1/2 cups quick cooking or rolled oatmeal
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • dash of cinnamon

In a large bowl, mash bananas with a fork until smooth.  Add peanut butter, soy milk, flour, vanilla, and honey and mix well.  Add remaining ingredients and stir until well combined.

Drop spoonfuls of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake 13-16 minutes at 350 degrees or until done.

If you want a more chocolate-y version, instead of a 1/4 flour I substitute 1.5 Tablespoons of cocoa powder and 1.5 Tablespoons flour.  You can also throw in some chocolate chips or raisins to amp up the deliciousness :)

No comments:

Post a Comment