Monday, July 18, 2011

Vegan Coconut Brownies



I found a vegan recipe for mint brownies a few weeks back and it talked about how awesome it is to safely take tastes of the batter (oh the joy of brownie batter).  I thought I'd switch out the mint and make a coconut version this last weekend.  I think I might try adding in some almonds next time and then these can kind of be like almond joy brownies.  Regardless they smell and taste amazing!

2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup canola oil
1 and 1/2 teaspoons coconut extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup carob chips
1/2 cup shredded coconut

Preheat the oven to 350.  Grease a 13X9 baking pan.

Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.  Add the oil, coconut extract, ad vanilla extract and mix until smooth.  Add carob chips and shredded coconut.

Pour batter into the pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.  Cool and then cut into squares to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment